If you are looking for the best 2012 Halloween costumes for boys, we have some ideas for you to get started. Depending on the age of the child, you are going to most likely want to get some input from them on what they want to be – unless they’re a baby, of course. In all seriousness, involving the child in the process of picking a suitable Halloween costume can go a long way in making sure they have a lot of fun on the big night, which is what it’s all about – not to mention the candy.
- Spiderman Costumes – The Amazing Spiderman was big this year, and as in years past, you can expect many boys to want to become the wisecracking Spidey. The good news is that there are quite a few great – and relatively cheap – Spiderman costumes available.
- Batman Costumes – Another Superhero that’s huge again this year is Batman. As with Spiderman, the popularity of this costume means there are going to be a lot of different options for you as a parent. From simple plastic outfits to complex costumes with a separate Batman mask and accessories, there’s something for every budget.
- Historical Costumes – Not every boy is going to want to use a historical figure for a Halloween costume, but this can be great in many different ways. For one, not a lot of other kids are going to have the same costume most likely if you go with a George Washington, Ben Franklin or some other historic figure – Caesar anyone?
- Homemade Costumes – If you are on a budget or just like to be creative and spend quality creative time with your children, homemade costumes for Halloween can be a great idea. You just want to make sure you involve the boy in every step of the process so he is happy with the outcome and will want to wear it on Halloween night!
- Soldier Costumes – This is one that is relatively easy to put together cheaply. A little camo and some other accessories – no guns! – and you can have a great looking solider whether it’s a sailor or someone in the airforce or marines. Camo face paint really puts the final touches on this great costume idea.
- Fireman Costume – Being a civil servant or first responder like a fireman on Halloween is a lot of fun and may be an indication of a future career path for your little one. There are a lot of great accessories you can get to make your costume really stand out from all the others. Don’t forget the cute fireman’s hat and boots!
After you choose which costume you want, it’s all about saving money. Next, we have some tips to make sure you get the most for your money when buying a boy’s Halloween costume this year.
- Shop Early – One of the best things you can do is shop early. If you were thinking smart last year, you bought your costumes a day after Halloween when they went on sale. Even if you didn’t do this, the earlier you start shopping – even during the final summer months – the more you are going to be able to look around and find the absolute best price.
- Shop Online – Speaking of finding the best price, another great idea is to make sure you do most of your shopping online. While there’s nothing more fun than taking a kid (or five) to a Halloween costume shop (sarcasm!), there’s something to be said about shopping for a costume online. It’s easy, safe and convenient – and you can save money too.
- Read Reviews – Finally, you are going to want to make sure you read reviews of the various costumes before you get out your credit card and make any purchases. There are quite a few places you can read reviews these days, but you should find a website you trust and stick with them and their recommendations for the best Halloween costumes for boys in 2012.
Halloween is all about having fun and being able to dress up and score a lot of candy. Picking out the costume should not be stressful or a headache! The sooner you start shopping for a Halloween costume, the sooner you’re going to be able to relax and just enjoy the holidays.